PLEASE READ ON FOR MORE DETAILS ABOUT OUR PRIVACY PRACTICES.
What information do we collect? How do we use it?
At times we may request that you voluntarily supply us with personal information, which may include sensitive personal information. Generally this information is requested when you apply for our products and/or services. We may gather and use information about you in the following ways:
- All telephone calls are recorded for security, training and monitoring purposes.
- We will use your personal information and information we obtain from other sources for dealing with your enquiries, administration and customer services considering and processing your application for our products and/or services, for marketing, for credit searches and to ensure that the content, services and advertising that we offer are tailored to your needs and interests. We may share your information with potential lenders, insurers, service providers and agents for these purposes.
- In assessing your application for credit, to prevent fraud, to check your identify and to prevent money laundering, we may:
- (i) search the files of credit reference agencies Transunion and/or Experian (or any other credit reference agency that we may use from time to time) who will record any credit searches on your file; and
- (ii) disclose details of how you conduct your account to such agencies. The information will be used by other credit grantors for making credit decisions about you and the people with whom you are financially associated, for fraud prevention, money laundering prevention and occasionally for tracing debtors. Information used for these purposes will include publicly available information such as, judgments, bankruptcy orders or repossessions. We will also pass on any information you provide to us and any information we collect from other sources about you to potential lenders.
- It is important that you provide us with accurate information ,If false or inaccurate information is provided and fraud is identified, details will be passed to fraud prevention agencies. Law enforcement agencies may access and use this information. We and other organisations may also access and use this information to prevent fraud and money laundering, for example, when:
- Checking details on applications for credit and credit related or other facilities
- Managing credit and credit related accounts or facilities
- Recovering debt
- Checking details on proposals and claims for all types of insurance
- Checking details of job applicants and employees
- Please contact us at the address shown below if you want to receive details of the relevant fraud prevention agencies. We and other organisations may access and use, from other countries, the information recorded by fraud prevention agencies.
- We may ask credit reference agencies to provide a credit scoring computation. Credit scoring uses a number of factors to work out risks involved in any application. A score is given to each factor and a total score obtained. Where automatic credit scoring computations are used, acceptance or rejection of your application will not depend only on the results of the credit scoring process.
- Another person's records will be 'associated' with you, by us and/or credit grantors, when:
- (i) You make a joint application
- (ii) You advise us of a financial association with another person
- (iii) The credit reference agencies have existing linked or 'associated' records This 'association' will link your records at the credit reference agencies and will be taken into account in all future applications by either or both of you. This shall continue until one of you applies to the credit reference agencies and is successful in filing a 'disassociation'. You MUST therefore ensure when making a joint application or advising us of some other financial association that you are entitled to:
- (i) Disclose information about your joint application
- (ii)Authorise us to search, link or record information at a credit reference agency/ies about you and anyone referred to by you.
- If your application is declined by all of our available lenders, your personal data and information may be passed to a 3rd party lender for consideration for alternative financial products. This 3rd party may carry out additional credit reference searches against you.
- We may disclose personal data in order to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation.
- We intend to continue improving the content and function of our Website. For this reason, we may monitor customer traffic patterns and Website usage to help us improve the design and layout of our Website and provide content that we think will be of interest to you.
- We may keep your information for a reasonable period for these purposes.
- By providing us with your personal information you consent to our processing your personal information for the above purposes. You also consent to our transferring your information to countries or jurisdictions which do not provide the same level of data protection as the UK, if necessary, for the above purposes. If we do make such a transfer, we will, if appropriate, put a contract in place to ensure your information is protected.
- Cookies do a number of different jobs such as remembering your preferences and chosen items, assisting you to improve your site experience as well as trying to ensure that the adverts or offers you see online are more relevant to you. To find out about specific cookies we use on our site, please see below.
The cookies can be categorised as follows:
- Strictly Necessary Cookies
- Performance Cookies;
- Functionality Cookies; and
- Targeting and Advertising Cookies
- Strictly Necessary Cookies
These cookies are essential in order to enable you to move through the Website and use its features. For those types of cookies that are strictly necessary no consent is required.
- These cookies collect anonymous information on how our customers use the site and the data is merged with other users to enable us to improve how the site operates. We utilise Google Analytics cookies to help us understand how customers arrive and browse our site and highlight where we can improve areas such as navigation, customer experience and marketing campaigns. The data stored by these cookies is anonymised and never shows personal details from which your individual identity can be established. By using our site, you accept the use of "Performance Cookies". Accepting these cookies is a condition of the web site so if you prevent them we cannot guarantee how our site will perform for you.
Targeting Cookies or Advertising Cookies
- These cookies collect information about your browsing habits in order to make advertising relevant to you and your interests. They remember the websites you have visited and that information is shared with other parties such as advertisers.
- You can change the settings on your browser to prevent cookies being stored on your computer/mobile device without your explicit consent. Your browser "help" section will normally provide details on how to manage the cookie settings. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies, you may not be able to access all or parts of our site.
Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting
- We use Google Analytics to track your preferences and also to identify popular sections of our Website. Use of Google Analytics in this way, enables us to adapt the content of our Website more specifically to your needs and thereby improve what we can offer to you.
- If you do not wish for us to collect and analyse statistical data related to your Website visit you may object to the future use of your data at any time (known as an "opt-out").
- In order to implement your objection it is necessary to install an opt-out cookie on your browser. This cookie will only indicate that you have opted out.
- It is important to note, that for technical reasons, the opt-out cookie will only affect the browser from which you actively object from. If you delete the cookies in your browser or use a different end device or browser, you will need to opt out again.
Key Stroke Recording
- We use Key Stroke Recording technology on our Website. This technology records the information you fill in on the application form, as you fill it in. If you do not proceed to submit your application, we will phone you using the phone number you added on the application form, to see if you would like to complete your application.
How do we use your information for marketing?
- We may share your information with our business partners for marketing purposes or we may send you information about other organisations' goods and services. We may contact you by mail, telephone, fax, email or other electronic messaging service with offers of products, services or information that may be of interest to you. By providing us with your contact details you consent to being contacted by these methods for these purposes. If you do not wish to receive marketing information from us or our business partners other than on the goods and/or services which you have requested information about please indicate this when submitting your personal information or contact us using the details below.
How do we protect your information?
- We take appropriate measures to ensure that the information disclosed to us is kept secure, accurate and up to date and kept only for so long as is necessary for the purposes for which it is used.
- You should note that if our business (or any part of it) is sold or transferred at any time, the information we hold may form part of the assets transferred although your personal information will still only be used in accordance with this policy. We reserve the right, at our discretion, to change, modify, add, or remove portions from this policy at any time so you are encouraged to review this policy from time to time. We will, of course, notify you of any changes where we are required to do so. You are entitled to ask for a copy of the information we hold about you (for which we may charge a small fee) and to have any inaccuracies in your information corrected. Should you wish to unsubscribe from Financial Way Maker emails, please click the unsubscribe link at the bottom of every Financial Way Maker email. For quality control and training purposes, we may monitor or record your communications with us.
When and how to contact us
- If your personal information changes, if you change your mind about any of your marketing preferences or if you have any queries about how we use your information, please let us know by contacting our mailing exclusion team here